Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mommy's Chicken Enchiladas

Hello there my Sous Chefs! This is a recipe I love. I got it from my mom and I'm so glad she has it. She's made it, I've made it, but my favorite is when we make it together : ) though, we usually have to have extra chicken because we snack on it while we assemble the enchiladas - oops!



I hope you love it!

Mommy's Chicken Enchiladas

8 pack large Flour Tortillas
Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
Grated Cheddar Cheese
3 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
Whole Chicken's worth of cooked shredded chicken
2 pints Sour Cream
Sliced Olives
Chopped Green Onions
Green Chilies
1 diced Green Pepper
Chopped Tomatoes

Sauce:

Mix Cream of Chicken Soup and Sour Cream

Enchiladas:

Lay out 1 tortilla.

Layer 2-3 tablespoons of each of the following: Chicken, Cheese, Peppers, Onions, Sauce.

Roll up.

Lightly coat bottom and sides of 13x9 pan with sauce. Place each Enchilada seam side down in dish. Pour remaining sauce so all are covered.

Bake 350° for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with shredded cheese, olives, onions, tomatoes, and chilies. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It has always been a favorite of mine as well and is in our Barrett Family Cookbook. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it. Last week I made it with low-carb/high-fiber whole wheat tortillas and it turned out great :D

    ReplyDelete