Sunday, June 12, 2011

5 Minute Mousse!

: ) So I know I said I'd post Healthy recipes for the next 90 days or so but I've been wanting to put this one up for a while now.
I first had this mousse dessert at a Fancy Nancy Tea Party with my two cousins, ages 7 and 4 at the time. We planned a great party with pocket pizzas and fancy cups, frilly dresses, and grandma's jewelry. My aunt Toni made this mousse for dessert. It was delicious.

I have made this quite a few times, and with experience comes stories. You were warned in my very first post that you would get a whipped creamed wall story - I needed to make a quadruple (or something) batch of this for a dessert one day, and thus needed to whip up A LOT of Heavy Whipping Cream in my dad's Kitchen Aid mixer. 8 cups of whipping cream is a lot for my little mixer and my bowl of cream became a corner of cream. I was whipping it up the cups and it got a little out of hand - out of mixer. Before I could turn the mixer down I managed to spray quite a few drops on the fridge, cupboards, walls, counter...
Well, I figured since there was already a mess I was beyond the point of no return. So I held my hands up around the top of the bowl and turned up the speed.

-Note: Everyone in the world needs a splatter guard for their stand mixer. Or a good cleaning product-

It turned out great. Messy things taste better; like tacos, Red Robin's Teriyaki Chicken Burger, ice cream cones.

Without further ado, 



5 Minute Mousse

2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
7 oz. Hershey's Symphony Bar (Plain, Creamy Milk Chocolate)

Whip the cream into stiff peaks. Melt candy bar until it stirs smooth. Fold melted chocolate into whipped cream. Serve. 

That's it. You can top it with chocolate covered pretzels or chocolate curls if you like.

Oh, and for some reason every time I've made it the chocolate cools to fast in the whipped cream so it's not a smooth texture. But I love eating the mousse and getting little chunks of chocolate. I did hear that you can whip the chocolate into the whipped cream in the mixer, but you have to be careful not to turn it into chocolate butter. (Though that would be delicious on pancakes...)

2 comments:

  1. It makes me happy that you posted this. As a pregnant woman I have been craving mousse for a few weeks, actually I have been craving anything chocolate for a few weeks. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is so easy! Have you made it before?

    ReplyDelete